Monday, August 9, 2010

As Dedalus and Icarus



Collapsing a sphinx lies undone
Blinded below a blazing sun
A grain of sand amidst a windless desert
Encompassed in the shadow of
An obelisk beside a chasm
Which wails as some dark phantasm
Why do we only live to die?
I shake perturbed with fire mounting!
Yet I know not the words to speak…
No! No longer shall I suffer thus
To sip from Lethe and gather dust
Musing of coals within the hearth
I found thee pushing through the earth
Again, Again our tryst each night
I wait to feel thy soft pale light
That fills me with unseen incense
A seed lifted by thy presence
Carried on the wind of airy thoughts
New wings fly to that I’ve n’er sought
Higher and far from which I’ve fled
I cross through the veil of the dead!
My old passion now recounting
Those two figures now surmounting
That creature crawls. Can this be wrong?
For time is short and art is long
That days dawn no more can be
We canst say
So much of that resides in me
We absolve our sin in this
To do as fabled Icarus
Dandelions in their motion
Will fly across a timeless ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment