Monday, August 9, 2010

And for thee my heart beats

Empty and Aching, Distraught within
Suffering hurt and pangs Superfluous perception dims
Discarded, The pursuit of what is greater begins!
Inwardly, Though pain and loss is what I feel
The bleak emotion is tamed by what is real
My heart upsurs! and the minds production steal!
For Love is All that’s left of me.
The only heart ill dote upon is that of thee
Regardless were that heart i ne'er to see
This beating organ this instrument of mine
Every steady melody of sound I dedicate to thine
I can only pray that with mine yours will seek to rhyme
I believe my own would cease to listen if e'er again ours were to meet
Its for thee that my heart was made I entreat
For from my single heart comes a double beat
Nay!
It pounds

1 comment:

  1. Your poetry is really beautiful! You are so gifted! keep flowing!

    ReplyDelete